Emergency Response and Remedial Actions
The leader of detective solutions
in business trading
In practice of the BSA experts, we see a growing trend in performing various forms of “attack” on entrepreneurs.
In addition to the above, a very common and characteristic, and at the same dangerous form of attack on the company with far-reaching consequences, is the desire of causing damage to the reputation (brand) of the company with attempts to commit the offense to the detriment of our Client:
- “finding” by Consumers insects, parasites, etc. in packaging or inside food products of our Customers,
- “finding” in the products of our Customers harmful substances, eg. acid or pathogenic bacteria in a bottle of water, finding hazardous components (glass, metal) in food products,
- assigning products of our Customers to false defects or features that prevent the use of these products or that may endanger the damage to health,
- provoking health effects through the bad use of the products of our Customers, although they have all the required certificates, eg. applying a cream to the skin of the face subcutaneously, causing burns and skin allergies allegedly caused by the use of the product, etc.
As follows from the experience of the BSA experts the above mentioned events aim at:
- extorting indemnity or compensation or gratification from Customer in the form of
a certain quantity of products of our Customers
- evoking negative influence on the perception of the Customer brand often caused by activities in conditions of unfair competition,
- causing negative effects by removing a particular batch of goods of the Customer from circulation,
- revenge of unspecified background,
- act of unfair competition for any other purpose,
- less often – extortion of the ransom.
The effects of these actions are often very painful for our Customers, sometimes consequences are disastrous for the company.
Often noted forms of such behavior (frequently having a criminal nature) can take the following picture:
According to the BSA, the implementation of security policy in the organization after making an audit of security status to identify areas of risks for the customer is the appropriate preventive behavior.
Simultaneously, in the case of events of which we write above, the BSA is able to take appropriate steps in the emergency response.
The aim of the activities carried out, eg. within the economic investigation or detective business intelligence (active link) is an indication whether the company has fallen victim of criminal or unethical activities. If so, we point out the motives and modus operandi of perpetrators and collect evidence for future proceedings.
At the same time, the objectives of emergency response and remedial actions are:
The primary goal of remedial actions is restoring the proper functioning of the company while supporting through information activities using the benefits of the efficient use of PR.
At the same time, the early identification and prevention of negative tax, legal and brand image consequences for the company is extremely important for all entrepreneurs.
When implementing emergency response and remedial actions we use, inter alia:
BSA Śledztwa i Audyty Gospodarcze Sp. z o.o. Sp. k.
Spektrum Tower, 18 Twarda Street, floor 21., 00-105 Warsaw
In connection with the amendment to the provisions of the Act on detective services (link: http://prawo.sejm.gov.pl/isap.nsf/download.xsp/WDU20170000556/O/D20170556.pdf) and the information obligation arising from the aforementioned Act and the GDPR (link https://www.giodo.gov.pl/pl/569/9276), hereby we inform that pursuant to art. 28c. of the Act on detective services for processing personal data collected in the course of performing the activities referred to in art. 2 clause 1, the provisions of art. 13 section 1 and 2 and art. 15 paragraph 1 lit. a, c and g of regulation of the European Parliament and of the Council (EU) 2016/679 dated 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (general regulation on data protection) (Official Journal of the EU L 119 of 04/05/2016, page 1, as amended) are not applied.
© 2013 – 2020 Business Security Agency. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED